Sessions expire too soon

From: Plamen Doykov (
Date: 06/21/04

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:42:24 +0300

we have a project with forms authentication and cookieless sessions, and we
want a big session timeout. However the sessions still expire much more
often (more than the default 20min, but much less than required) It is
annoying because the users get redirected to the login screen
The settings in Web.config are:
<authentication mode="Forms" >
<forms loginUrl="default.aspx" timeout="1440" />
sqlConnectionString="data source=;user id=sa;password="
Is there anything I miss, or nay be another reason that can end the session
than teh timeout? Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is NTLM Authentication very expensive? (for bandwidth)
    ... One idea at this moment is that you run out of tcp resources. ... Maybe netstat shows a lot of sessions in TIME_WAIT state. ... >> especially not when you use NTLM authentication. ... >> keep-alive is disabled on the server or you go through a proxy. ...
  • Re: Forms authentication
    ... I am not trying to persist authentication across multiple browser ... The authentication page is not coming up at all. ... > browser sessions? ...
  • Re: php logout
    ... >> Hi I have an admin section to my site and was wondering, ... > Assuming you are using sessions for your authentication just call the ... > session_destroyfunction when the logout button is clicked. ... sessions for my authentication. ...
  • Re: php logout
    ... >> Assuming you are using sessions for your authentication just call the ... > Okay, I'm a bit new to php, sorry. ... > sessions for my authentication. ... have your logout link simply go to a new page with the ...
  • Wininet Authentication Problem
    ... We have an internal web application which uses a proxy to handle user ... Sessions, and Authentication are handles by a client side cookie. ...