Re: Valid Certificate Authority

From: Harry Simpson (hssimpson_at_nospamphgt.net)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:31:47 -0500

Using the SelfSSL internally (intranet) and the third check doesn't pass
since we created the cert.

Where does this code (CheckValidationResult) actually go in the web
application??

Harry

"Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <joseph.e.kaplan@removethis.accenture.com> wrote
in message news:eq6OqzwTEHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The certificate will be trusted based on the trusted root certificates
> configured on the current machine. You can use the ICertificatePolicy
class
> that I mentioned before to determine whether the CA for the cert was not
> trusted by examining the certificateProblem parameter in
> CheckValidationResult. I found a decent blog posting that shows what the
> values of the parameter can be (they are probably in the platform SDK
> somewhere...):
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/wim/archive/2004/04/02/106281.aspx
>

> Joe K.
>
> "Curtis Justus" <cjustus-nospam@ser.nospam.itis.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to verify that a certificate is coming from a valid certificate
> > authority. Does anybody know where I could obtain a list with that
> > information?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > cj

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Valid Certificate Authority
    ... you can enforce your own certificate policy based on the rules you ... code in your CheckValidationResult Method. ... > since we created the cert. ... >> Joe K. ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... table based on a questionnaire, ... We did have a commercial certificate tracking application a while back, ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ... firm. ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ... piece of data as an attribute of the insurance certificate (excepting firm ID ... The Policies table presents more of a problem than the Certs table, ... I suggested having a different table for each type of policy to solve this ...
  • Re: Insurance Certificates Database
    ... table based on a questionnaire, ... We did have a commercial certificate tracking application a while back, ... breaking the data down into various tables, ie normalization. ... I agree my Indefinite Cert Fields look like fixed attributes of the ...
  • Re: ADFS Token-signing Certs Not in Trusted Root Store
    ... This is good info, Joe. ... So now I know that the token-signing certificate is ... Get a signing cert from a CA ... case, you never have to worry about expiration or CRL checking, as your cert ...