Validating client cert from request

From: Curtis Justus (sure_at_you.wont.spam.me.org)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:03:10 -0500

    Hello,

    I didn't know where else to post this. If this isn't the right group, could
    somebody point me in the right direction?

    We are using the HttpWebRequest object within a winform app to connect to a
    vendor. This vendor requires us to perform some validation on the client
    certificate from their server. This is supposed to authenticate that it is
    coming from the correct server and isn't being spoofed.

    How can I accomplish this? After making a request to their site
    (https://...), the .ClientCertificates collection of the HttpWebRequest
    object does not have anything in the collection?

    Does anybody have any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    cj