Forms authentication: Capturing User.Identity.Name in a classic ASP page.

From: Lev Vigdorov via .NET 247 (anonymous_at_dotnet247.com)
Date: 06/05/04

    Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 12:34:51 -0700

    I created a .Net/C# class, put it in GAC and registered it. I can instantiate this class from an ASP page, but the problem is that it gives me an error, when I call a method if this class with a reference to System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name in it: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Same method called from an aspx page works fine. Any ideas?

    From: Lev Vigdorov

    <Id>+jPObVkDIEiCdi+M5fqTZA==</Id>