Re: Converting Win32 API to VB.NET for Folder Security

From: i23bam (i23bam_at_online.nospam)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:01:02 -0700

Luke. Yes. I have taken this option into consideration, however the executable I am using must be portable, thus it must have .dlls inherent in all Windows 98, 2k and XP PCs to allow for its portability. It is for this reason that I chose the Windows API as the solution. I would hate to have to install the ASDI .dll on all machines wanting to backup. I know, however, the users will have to download the .NET package, but the Windows Update procedures make this task fairly simple. I also know that Visual Studio 2005 will have the Security Objects built in, but if I do not have to wait I would like to program for it now.