Re: FormsAuthentication Class Question

From: Joe Reazor (joenospam_at_belgor.com)
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:37:39 -0400

Thanks Luke, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. The thing that I
am getting stuck on now is that if I don't use FormAuthentication.Encrypt
and instead do the encrypt myself, I'm not sure what this Encrypt method
does? You pass it an authentication ticket and it returns an encrypted
version. How exactly do I reproduce that but with my own class?

==============
Joe Reazor
Gorbel Inc.
email: joerea=AT=gorbel=DOT=com

"[MSFT]" <lukezhan@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Joe,
>
> I think you have to create customized encryption/decryption under this
> situation. For example, with CryptoStream in .NET. You may take a look at
> this article for this:
>
> Encrypting Data

> l/cpconencryptingdata.asp
>
> Luke