Re: Windows authentication Redirect /CustomErrors Issue

From: Eric Marvets (ericm_at_bangproject.com)
Date: 05/21/04

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:21:11 -0400

Have you tried adding '<error statusCode="401.2" redirect="Denied.htm" />'?

--
Eric Marvets
Principal Consultant
"Ivan Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using asp.net (1.1) and am setting application security in web.config
using:
> <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="Denied.htm"><error
statusCode="401" redirect="Denied.htm" /><error statusCode="403"
redirect="Denied.htm" /></customErrors>

> If I try to authenticate with invalid credentials more than 4 times, the
page redirects to Denied.htm as it should, but if I click on "Cancel"
instead of "Ok" on the login prompt box, I get redirected to an ASP.Net page
that looks like this:

> > Server Error in '/munkeys/WindowsAuth' Application.

----->>>Access is denied.
serve this request. The server may not be >configured for access to the
requested URL.
> >>Error message 401.2.: You do not have permission to view this directory
or page using the credentials you supplied. >Contact the Web server's
administrator for help.

> I have tried to set the Custom Error pages for all 401 errors in IIS and
the page still will not redirect to my custom error page as specified in
both IIS and Web.config.  Please Help!

Relevant Pages