Can't get ASP.Net to access remote folder share

From: Garrek (garrek_no_spam_2001_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/16/04

Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 02:25:54 -0500

I have a WebService executing on one server in a workgroup which needs
to reach out to a folder share on another server for read/write access.

I've created an identical user account on both systems (matching in
username and password). I've approached the problem by writing a
utility class that calls the Win32 API LogonUser method. The idea was
to have the code temporary impersonate the user account, access the
remote UNC folder share, and then return the context back to normal.

The problem is that well... it's just not working =) As soon as I
call File.Exists(filePath) I always get a false return signifying the
file doesn't exist or I don't have access. Now I've confirmed the user
account on the remote system has read/write permission on the share.

Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Nested groups
    ... There is 10 different settings for "User Account Control". ... Locally or with RDC on a Windows server 2008 or Windows server 2008 ... However, when I double-click the folder, I get this dialog box "You ...
  • Re: Changing users and retaining the desktop/login settings?
    ... Right click on My Computer and select Properties - click the User Profiles ... Configure a user account with the desired settings. ... user and expand the Documents and Settings folder. ... > entirely new desktop and server logins. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • NTFS Permissions
    ... I cannot delete a certain folder in my new Windows 2000 ... Windows 2000 member server. ... domain administrator and my user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • modifying NTFS permissions
    ... I have a windows 2003 server that is part of a NT domain. ... permissions on this folder is domain users read access and the NTFS ... modify each sub direcotry so that only the domain admins and the user account ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)