Re: ASPNET account and Domain Controller

From: Martin Schmid (martinschmid_at_sbcglobal.net.nospam)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 06:41:21 -0500

There is a KB article addressing this... It can be done.

--
Thanks,
Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE
> We're having a problem with ASP.NET security and running on a Win2k Domain
> Controller.
>
> We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user
> doesn't exist, this access is required so that the process can obtain the
> credentials from the registry (as stamped with aspnet_setreg.exe) and
> impersonate the required network user.
>
> Has anyone else got around this problem, other than not installing the
> website on a domain controller.
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
> Richard.

Relevant Pages

  • ASPNET account and Domain Controller
    ... We're having a problem with ASP.NET security and running on a Win2k Domain ... We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user ... impersonate the required network user. ...
  • ASPNET account and Domain Controller
    ... We're having a problem with ASP.NET security and running on a Win2k Domain ... We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user ... impersonate the required network user. ...
  • Re: ASPNET account and Domain Controller
    ... :> We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user ... :> impersonate the required network user. ...
  • Re: ASPNET account and Domain Controller
    ... :> We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user ... :> impersonate the required network user. ...
  • Re: ASPNET account and Domain Controller
    ... "Richard Chandler" wrote in ... > We can't set up the access rights to the registry for ASPNET as the user ... > impersonate the required network user. ...