Server cannot access application directory ... The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings

From: Devin (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:51:07 -0700

I am using XP Pro and when I try and run an ASP.NET page on my own server I recieve the following error message

Server cannot access application directory ..(web directory here)... The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings.

The link below this line is attached to a microsoft knowledge base article that addresses this issue, but I can not seem to make the resoultion work in windows XP Pro. Particularly I can not find the "Secuirty" tab on the folder that I am trying to allow "read, execute and list access" for.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316721

Can anyone give me any ideas about how to allow this? thanks

Devin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WAREZ SOFTWARE, CRACK+++CRACK SOFTWARE, WAREZ
    ... IAR EWAVR 310C PRO ISO ... IBAAN CRM DBSYNC SERVER v.4.3 SP2 ... IBM DB2 Everyplace Enterprise Edition 7.2 Req. ... Ilog Software Components Suite 5.0 ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: WAREZ SOFTWARE, CRACK+++CRACK SOFTWARE, WAREZ
    ... IAR EWAVR 310C PRO ISO ... IBAAN CRM DBSYNC SERVER v.4.3 SP2 ... IBM DB2 Everyplace Enterprise Edition 7.2 Req. ... Ilog Software Components Suite 5.0 ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Cant login to shared folder on server
    ... >Also at our office we have several computers running XP Pro SP1. ... >machines we go to View Workgroup Computers and our server is listed. ... Once I login I get my shared folders. ... Check for a browser conflict between your laptop, ...
  • Re: Missing one of the "default Password Replication Policy groups
    ... MVP - Directory Services ... Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 ... Windows Server 2008 schema level. ...
  • Re: sbs migration gurus
    ... I don't have any knowledge of a BR based IT Pro to do this work, ... > migration involves installing SBS fresh on the new server? ... I've asked a lot of my customers to be ... I'd actually offer to do the Swing Migration for Param from here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)