RE: Eventlog application registration error

From: Steven Cheng[MSFT] (v-schang_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 07:41:30 GMT

    Hi Larry,

    >From your description, you encountered security permission issue when try
    accessing the EventLog( create a new event source ) in ASP.NET web
    application, yes?

    What about the detailed exception info it popup? I'm not sure whether
    you've read the following kb article, it have discussed a existing problem
    when you try accessing the EventLog in ASP.NET by default process
    acount(ASPNET) and provide a complete steps on creating a new event source:

    #PRB: "Requested Registry Access Is Not Allowed" Error Message When ASP.NET
    Application Tries to Write New EventSource in the EventLog
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329291

    Please have a look to see whether it helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    • Re: WIA and hibernation again
      ... Information 4/8/2010 2:20:52 PM Tcpip None 4201 N/A COMPAQ-2006 ... Information 4/8/2010 2:21:11 PM eventlog None 6005 N/A COMPAQ-2006 ... Event Type: Information ... Event Source: Ci ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Eventlog application registration error
      ... My error was to try to register ... two sources in my installation program by simply changing the source value. ... > accessing the EventLog(create a new event source) in ASP.NET web ... > when you try accessing the EventLog in ASP.NET by default process ...
    • Re: Windows Service and EventLog
      ... The service in question runs as System, so I suppose it's a permission ... Perhaps I shouldn't use the EventLog, just come up with my own logging ... > event source you are trying to write to exist? ... Some accounts have permission to write to ...
    • Problem win2k server, RPC, maybe endpoint mapper
      ... Two or three times in day RPC service down and I have to start it ... Errors in Eventlog applications section: ... Event Source: EventSystem ... The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • What cause this error? (Event ID: 6004)
      ... micro$oft explanation is too-o abstract. ... Event Type: Error ... Event Source: EventLog ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)