Re: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse returns 404 No Found error

From: warlord (smuffnstuff_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:17:46 +0800

I probably should add that the same windows application calls a web service
one the server without any problems - it's only trying to get the Response
stream from a new Request object.

Cheers,

Cameron

"John Timney (Microsoft MVP)" <timneyj@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Could it be that you go through a proxy server normally, and your windows
> app is not providing the proxy credentials?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> John Timney
> Microsoft Regional Director
> Microsoft MVP
>

> "warlord" <smuffnstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The web server is IIS 5.0, and the Url does exist. I can get to it via
> > browser without any problems - it's just from within the windows app
that
> it
> > isn't accessible.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cameron
> >
> > "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> > > Is the remote server an IIS 6.0 box? If so, is WebDAV enabled?
> > > Does the URL requested actually exist?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > "warlord" <smuffnstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > : I have a windows client app that is trying to download a file from
> > > : a web server but I always get the following error when I call the
> > > : GetResponse method of the Request object.
> > > :
> > > : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
> > > :
> > > : When I run it against a website on my local machine everything works
> > > : perfectly, but not against the remote server. I'm sure it's a
> security
> > > : or permissions problem of some sort, but I'm not sure where to
start.
> > > :
> > > : The code I'm using is below.
> > > :
> > > : Thanks in advance for any help.
> > > :
> > > : Cameron
> > > :
> > > :
> > > : HttpWebResponse Response;
> > > :
> > > : //Retrieve the File
> > > : HttpWebRequest Request =
(HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(url);
> > > : Request.Headers.Add("Translate: f");
> > > : Request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
> > > :
> > > : try
> > > : {
> > > : Response = (HttpWebResponse)Request.GetResponse();
> > > : }
> > > : catch(WebException e)
> > > : {
> > > : //Handle the exception here
> > > : }
> > > : finally
> > > : {
> > > : Response.Close()
> > > : }
> > > :
> > > :

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EAP-TLS with windows CE
    ... Thanks for the quick response. ... Windows CE then prompts the wireless user for the ... to the AP which gets passed on to an authentication server (RADIUS or ... nothing to do with the contents of the certificate at all. ...
  • Re: Userenv Errors All Of A Sudden - Help
    ... Because my initial post got no response I worded it differently and reposted it as "Problems Logging In As Administrator" on the 1st of April in this newsgroup. ... Henrik Arenblad responded to that and later posted your response to it which I responded to you via email thanking you and explaining as I am now that I had been able to fix the issue by logging directly into the server and doing effectively a repair of the AVG File Server software and a re-boot. ... Error message when you try to log on to a Windows Server 2003-based ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Xnews problem
    ... Not sure which Windows version you use. ... expects first command in ten or twenty seconds, ... Did you get the header and article as response? ... Some server have no support of XOVER command. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • WSE 2.0 SP2 DIME Problem ?
    ... I have working code running on Windows XP machine that when I uploaded to my ... Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException ... Client found response content type of '', ... I am assuming I am missing a configuration on the server? ...
  • RE: Problem with upgrade from NT4 server to Windows 2003 server
    ... the current status with your response at your earliest convenience. ... >for the purpose of upgrading to AD as available with Windows 2003 server. ... >The new NT4 server was promoted to PDC and an in place upgrade was done. ...