Re: Forms authentication problems

From: News (laurentfb_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:09:49 +0100

The problem is that I access to the "non-protected" page of the site.
A few lines of my web.config file :

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name="DVDXAUTH" loginUrl="default.aspx" timeout="45"
slidingExpiration="true"/>

</authentication>

Then only, the protected pages aren't displayed.

Thanks for help,

Laurent.

"Wes Henderson" <wes1024@hotmail.com.nospam> a écrit dans le message de
> If you haven't tried this already:
>
> Go to the IIS manager and get the properties for the web site. Verify
that
> the IP address for the site is something that you can access over the
> network. If there is no problem there, does the server have any firewall
> that would block the port you are trying to connect through?
>
> Do you get an error page from the network or nothing at all?
>

> "News" <laurentfb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > My web site uses a form authentication : all pages are protected except
> home
> > page (to log in).
> > Everything is ok in development step but when I install the site on our
> > customer server :
> > - everything runs good when i access the site from the server
> > (http://localhost:port)
> > - I can't access protected pages, when logged on a computer in the
> > network (http://servername:port)
> >
> > What's the problem ?
> > Thanks for help,
> > Laurent.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Turning on Media Sharing in WMP11
    ... I believe it forms quite a reasonable network media device. ... Turning on SSDP (it was disabled as was uPnP) to Manual and then UPnP ... If there is a firewall, or NAT, built into your ... You need to open port s: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: May need to move from SBS because of connection issues
    ... Just to make sure you are clear regarding port 4125, ... access remote systems and you are behind a firewall on a non-SBS network, ... established that RWW worked TO your SBS network from outside. ... have been proof that the required ports were forwarded to the SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Identifying Internet Attacks
    ... contain the hacker to a particular machine, leave the machine on the network ... Some firewall software such as ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ... firewall logs, the IIS web and ftp server logs and Windows security event ...
  • Re: Leopard Firewall Warning
    ... machines on a particular network can access a port. ... The new scheme is an XP-style application based firewall; ... This, as an example, allows an attacker, once ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: firewall ports
    ... > I am wondering how safe my network is with the firewall i have set up.. ... how does this compromise the security to my network if at all? ... non-standard ports, anyone can run nmap or any type of port scanner to see ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)