Re: Network permissions for w3wp.exe?

From: Marc Thompson ("Marc)
Date: 03/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:25:22 -0500

Thanks for the ideas. Process model is just the default
"username="machine"". I checked the policies.. nothing that I can see would
prevent the access. filemon says that the account's name is
"domain\machine$". I don't know what account that is, nothing looks
similair to that. Yup, it a UNC path and IIS doesn't reference anything
regarding this share. Really, if I could find out what account
"domain\machine$" really is then I think it would work.

Thanks for your help,
Marc.

"Holly Mazerolle" <hollymamsft@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What settings do you have in the process model in the machine.config? The
> IIS setting should really take precedence over whatever is set up in that
> file, but I would check that to see. Also, would you have any sort of
> policy that would be preventing this? Does it work if you give the account
> that filemon shows you permission to the share location? Are you using a
> UNC path for the share and also have you do anything special with the
share
> like make it a virtual directory in IIS where you might be using a connect
> as setting?

rights.

> I hope this helps.
> Holly

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Standalone Versus AD Joined Instalation
    ... somewhere along the line the account being impersonate is being denied ... Suggest you run Filemon, and see what's being denied access to what. ... > I used FileMon my first IIS install (and saw nothing ... > be ASP pages. ...
  • Re: IIS6 and PHP
    ... I check the acces permission with filemon and give rights Read an Execute ... for the anonymous account of IIS. ... It seems that IIS doesn't want to load the file. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: userName="machine" didnt work
    ... The .210 dlls I had for ASP.NET are newer than the .42 dlls. ... Deleted the ASPNET account from "Local Users and Group - Users". ... This problem occurs because the process model user account (in our case, ...
  • Re: userName="machine" didnt work
    ... The .210 dlls I had for ASP.NET are newer than the .42 dlls. ... Deleted the ASPNET account from "Local Users and Group - Users". ... This problem occurs because the process model user account (in our case, ...
  • Re: 2000 Pro - Updates Download but wont install
    ... > Thanks for your help Robert - If I install FileMon - What exactly should I be ... the file is still downloaded but again just wont install. ... >> As others were trying to show you your problem has to do with permissions. ... FileMon would show you which account was involved, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)