Re: Who's the user?

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:54:07 +1100

ASPNet user account is the process identity for the aspnetwp.exe (ASP.Net
Worker Process). This is used to process ASP.Net pages on IIS5 and IIS5.1
(it is not used in IIS6 unless you run in IIS5 Isolation mode)

Cheers
Ken

"LadySpudz" <Kdash61-NOSPAM-@HotPop-NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
: When looking in the user accounts on my computer, I see there is one user
called
: 'ASP.NET' and the account is password protected.
:
: Could someone here tell me exactly what this is and how it created a
password
: protected account on my machine? I don't remember anything asking me to
create
: such an account and really have no idea what it's all about.
:
: I didn't see any sort of "General" forum dealing with ASP.NET so will try
: posting here.
:
: Thanks in advance for any assistance!
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Passwords
    ... "Windows Vista for Dummies" manual. ... I started by creating a test user account. ... The reason I say this is that, when I turned the Guest ...
  • Re: Help Me Understand User Accounts
    ... When you log off and log back in as the limited user you'll be able to ... you'll need to set up a new email account (under the new ... limited user account) the same as you had before, ... Administrator accounts are the default type of account ...
  • Re: Windows Service Account
    ... you can use the find IIDentity to the user to give folder permissions ... The OP does not need to find which user account is running the Windows ... Local System account has mighty ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: DC Temporarily Off-line, Remaining DC Struggling
    ... suspects this issue is related to the account and roaming profile. ... Please make sure all user accounts are replicated to win2k3 DC. ... Does this issue only occurs if the user account uses ...
  • Re: Logoff / Slow Bootups / Outlook attachements / Outlook Not res
    ... When you logon the problematic user account on the good user's computer, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)