Re: Who's the user?

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:54:07 +1100

ASPNet user account is the process identity for the aspnetwp.exe (ASP.Net
Worker Process). This is used to process ASP.Net pages on IIS5 and IIS5.1
(it is not used in IIS6 unless you run in IIS5 Isolation mode)

Cheers
Ken

"LadySpudz" <Kdash61-NOSPAM-@HotPop-NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
: When looking in the user accounts on my computer, I see there is one user
called
: 'ASP.NET' and the account is password protected.
:
: Could someone here tell me exactly what this is and how it created a
password
: protected account on my machine? I don't remember anything asking me to
create
: such an account and really have no idea what it's all about.
:
: I didn't see any sort of "General" forum dealing with ASP.NET so will try
: posting here.
:
: Thanks in advance for any assistance!
: