Under what context Application events run in Global.asax

From: Ram (rampabbaraju_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: 11 Feb 2004 03:45:50 -0800

(I am running .NET Framework 1.1)

I have a timer(System.Timers.Timer) running in my Global.asax page. In
the timer.elapsed event I am trying to access an object I stored in
the Cache.
HttpContext.Current.Cache("xxx"). I am getting an error saying that
HttpContext.Current is nothing.

I also tried to check HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name and got
an error and it says HttpContext.Current.User is nothing.

I tried to get HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name in
Application_onstart event and got the same error -
HttpContext.Current.User is nothing.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.

It is very critical for my project to access the cache object in the
timer.elapsed event.

Thanks
Ram