RE: Using ASPNET_SETREG.exe

From: Marko (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/03/04

    Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:26:08 -0800

    Thanks Holly!
    Granting read permissions to those registry keys (for Network Service account) solved the problem.
    --Marko--

    • Re: W3SVC EventId 1011 - DefaultAppPool/WWW fatal communication error
      ... those were the registry keys we were pointed to by a collegue ... rights to find out whether it was a permissions problem or not. ... I followed all the docs config indications (preaction or ... > | built-in account NETWORK SERVICE) and certain registry entries. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Service Pack 2 could not backup registry key (still having a probl
      ... I attempted to change the security through regedit and it won't allow me due ... > the following error for multiple registry keys so I have to abort the install. ... player and a few others do not have any permissions set ...
    • Re: Installing Software without being Local Admin?
      ... on those items so that the user has modify permissions. ... registry keys and files the program uses. ... If they are running this ill behaved program on laptops you are about to ... Good question on the modeler/Vista compatibility, I will have to setup a ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: Office 2007 - Back-to-Back 1402 Errors
      ... no word yet on a Microsoft fix? ... What I'm finding when I view a problematic key is: "No permissions have been ... Office 2007 will not complete installation due to a 1402 error. ... fail at new inaccessible registry keys. ...
      (microsoft.public.office.setup)
    • Re: GPO problems - Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
      ... those disks) and use NTFS permissions on both C: and D: ... To find out which files or registry keys must be writeable by the ... > Access to Drives" policies for A,B,C,and D drives. ... Why does the error message pop up each ...