URL Forwarding problem

From: Binod Nair (nairbinod_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:44:25 -0600

Hi All,

I have an ASP.NET appication running on http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication
and I have a domain http://www.mydomain.com registered at godaddy.com for
this application.I have setup domain forwarding at goDaddy.com to forward to
http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication. I am using Forms Authentication on the
application.Now the problem i am facing is , when i login to the application
through http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication everything works fine and get
authenticated and logged in. But when I login in through
http://www.mydomain.com , the cookie gets blocked and I am prevented from
logging in(i am not getting authenticated).

The path in the web.config file is pointed to path="/".

Any help appreciated.

--binod

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] Advisory: Dark Age of Camelot - Weak encryption of network traffic exposed persona
    ... Weak encryption in game client exposed customer billing and authentication ... encryption for billing information. ... The login binary has undergone several updates since then. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
    ... Why is Jason schreefing again? ... maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... attempting to login. ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some ...
    (php.general)
  • Authentication Sharing Across Apps
    ... For my part "B" question that I had (Login App was not returning ... authentication to calling app), I found the solution. ... Basically, in both the Login App and Calling App Web.Config, I did ... authenticated connection with SQL server. ...
  • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
    ... Jason Pruim schreef: ... I am attempting to add a little error checking for a very simple login system. ... So maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some message ...
    (php.general)
  • Unable to get IP Address from DHCP server - 802.1x authentication
    ... user based VLAN authentication with Windows client as ... Authentication method: MD5-Challenge ... Login locally with the cached profile of user1 ... After entering the Radius server username & password the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)