Re: Forms Authentication Problem

From: Hernan de Lahitte (hernan_at_lagash.com)
Date: 01/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:05:37 -0300

I donīt know why you want to store user credentials in a xml file (despite
you can do it with forms auth) but I definitely donīt recommend you this
practice. I think that is not possible with forms auth to store the creds
outside the web.config file but you might implement your own auth scheme
with the file you want.

--
Hernan de Lahitte - MSDE
Lagash Systems S.A. - Buenos Aires, Argentina
"smita" <smita@rarefind.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    May I know how can I use Forms Authentication without storing my
> credentials information in web.Config but in some other Xml file of my own
.
> Since I am creating users at runtime I need to store username and
passwords
> in a different xml file which i need to use to authenticate the users. But
> how do i inform Forms Authentication about this b'coz as far as i know it
> searches the credentials section in Web.Config file for authenticating the
> users.
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
>
> thanx,
> smita.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do programmers handle file paths to data when designing programs
    ... In general you keep program data with the program under "Program Files", then user data lives with each user who logs on to the machine and is kept in their profile under "Application Data\YourCompany", you can then put program settings either into an XML file, or store them under HKLM, the user settings go in either as and XML file or under HKCU. ... If the data is something the user actually creates and manages themselves (such as a Word document) you would simply offer "My Documents" as the OpenFile default. ... When i take that program to a client, they do not use the same paths that i do to store the data files needed by the program. ... I know i can use the fileopendialog method to get the path to the file, but once that is done, how do you save it for future executions of the program. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: Intranet Design Question
    ... "You don't actually have to use a database, you could store the info in an ... > link to the logon site. ... > an XML file since it would not have many columns. ...
  • Re: Fill a listbox with app.config data
    ... I would not store this list in app/settings. ... What I'm saying is that you can store it in a small xml file, ... Secondly, you can write you own "Custom Configuration Handler", and add some ... But littering up the app/settings is kinda hacky in my book. ...
  • Re: Good Solution for Persisting Dialog Position?
    ... assuming that you want to store the data from the code ... This allows you to use an XML file structure, and not the registry, and have ... I would like the dialog to read/store/restore state ... a prescribed methodology for this? ...
  • Re: Fill a listbox with app.config data
    ... I don't think you should store you data in app.config too. ... This will allow you to call methods like .WriteXml and LoadXml(string ... What I'm saying is that you can store it in a small xml file, ... Secondly, you can write you own "Custom Configuration Handler", and add ...