Re: Smart Client and IIS 6.0

From: Jim (james_cline__at___DoNotSpamMe__msn.com)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:34:28 -0500

Somewhere I found that you no longer need to remove the mapping for the
.config file for .Net 1.1. Well, if you do, then it breaks. Its nice to have
documentation on thi stuff ;-)

-jim

"Jim" <james_cline_@__DoNotSpamMe__msn.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get a smart client app to work properly under IIS. I used
the
> same techniques as I had under IIS 5 but it is not working. The problem is
> that the application.exe.config file is not being downloaded when ran from
> the browser. I went into the virtual directory for the app and removed the
> .config mapping that was required under IIS 5 to get this to work.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work under IIS 6? You
can
> assume that I had everything configured correctly under IIS 5 to get this
> work so if there is something new for IIS 6, that's what I need!
>
> Thanks,
> -Jim

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Autodeployed Win App - Vista IIS 7.0
    ... But it is true that I couldn't access the config file directly in IE. ... download of a .config file by default. ... security protection that IIS blocks these file extensions from being ... Notepad as Administrator and then open the applicationHost.config file in ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • RE: Autodeployed Win App - Vista IIS 7.0
    ... I also tried restarting IIS, ... file request, which was "returned" with a status of 200. ... But it is true that I couldn't access the config file directly in IE. ... download of a .config file by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Project Failing to Debub
    ... Make a backup copy of the Web.Config file and copy another Web.Config ... Studio .NET and open the project and try to debug. ... config file or IIS. ... Since there is nothing much in IIS, ...
  • Re: CAO IIS behind firewall
    ... What needs to be set in the config file. ... broblem when using your own server code but we want to use IIS. ... >>channel to the ip address of ther firewall, how do I do this in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: One config file for IIS and custom app server
    ... I generaly prefer to use programatic configuration. ... Application_Start in IIS I parse that file and setup remoting ... I have started to use programmatic config, ... > config file to configure IIS and/or a custom server? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)