ASP Security causes QueryInterface InvalidCastException?

From: Macca (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 02:19:26 -0800

All,
I have a vb6.0 com+ proxy component which works fine from
a vb.Net console app.

If the same code is placed into a ASP.Net web service I get
'QueryInterface for namespace._class failed'

I can see on my 'application server' that the COM+ object
gets instantiated ok. But when I attempt to call one of
the object's methods the exception is thrown.

Microsoft have suggested that this could be an ASP.Net
security issue. (hence this ng) I've checked IIS, NTFS and
COM+ authentication so that a user has sufficient access
rights but other than this I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SharePoint
    ... I even tried setting the application pool to the same one used by sharepoint ... Do you have access to the web service code to see how it is done there? ... it is assigned to is an admin account, and they are both admin accounts on ... this without error (like it runs in the console app)? ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Problem in using params in web service
    ... I am writing my first web service program, I am puzzled that I can't use ... params while I have no problem in a console app. ... This is completely legal in Console app (or Windows app). ...
  • Problem in using params in web service
    ... I am writing my first web service program, I am puzzled that I can't use ... params while I have no problem in a console app. ... This is completely legal in Console app (or Windows app). ...
  • Re: Web Service ?
    ... When you run a web service, it inherits the permissions of the ASP.NET account. ... You would need to assign those permissions to the folder and file that you want to access. ... Everything works fine in the console app. ... Request for the permission of type System.Net.WebPermission, System, bla bla bla ... ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)