Problem with anonymous authentication

From: john (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:55:29 -0800

Hello,

I have got an ASP.NET web site which enable anonymous
authentication.
When i try to hit this web site from machine X, it works.
When i try to hit the same site with machine Y, a windows
authentication pop up appears. So in this case, the
anonymous authentication fails.

Machine Y is in the same domain as the web server. Machine
X is in another domain.

I check everything about .net security (.config files,
NTFS, IIS). So if the problem was ASP.NET configuration,
this pop up should appear on both machines .. (?)

What are the reasons for anonymous authentication to fail ?

thanks,
john.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 Activesync Problem-getting 0x85010004 error on the PD
    ... Please open IIS manager console, navigate to Web Sites->Default Web Site ... Click Directory Security tap, Under Authentication and access control, ... When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Activesync Problem-getting 0x85010004 error on the PDA
    ... when access Activesync on PDA. ... Please open IIS manager console, navigate to Web Sites->Default Web Site ... Click Directory Security tap, Under Authentication and access control, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: CEICW-OMA errors
    ... Please double confirm the settings of the default Web Site settings as ... Open IIS Manager, navigate Web site -> Default Web Site, right click it ... Authentication Methods: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OWA and RWW not accessible.
    ... In Authentication and Access Control... ... Is all of this correct on your SBS server? ... Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IIS 6 Integrated Authentication and IE 6 - security credential
    ... My server is in a domain. ... :> NTLM authentication by setting the NTAuthenticationProviders metabase ... :>>> If I reconfigure the web site so that it runns in an application ... :>>> associated with the default Network Service identity then the request ...