Re: Out of Process execution and .NET

From: Rory Plaire (_no_spam_no_rplaire_at_peak.org)
Date: 11/05/03

    Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:28:04 -0800

    "Michael Pearson" <michaelp_extrajunktoremove@televox.com> expressed
    news:OxCVtmyoDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl thusly:

    > What I did was create a Domain account that ASP.net runs as, and gave
    > that user access to the shares it needed to write to.
    >
    > Michael

    Hi Michael,

    For the benefit of the readership, please let me state that this will work,
    but generally leaves a security weakness. A better way might be to do such
    work in a COM+ application, which is impersonated in the same way, but the
    privileges are isolated from the anonymous account running web pages by
    only those methods which are exposed from the COM+ app.

    -rory 8)

    • Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 cannot get samba to work
      ... Michael S. Dunsavage wrote: ... - No one can access my shares. ... Windows machines claim they cannot ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Sirius Radio
      ... Not that many shares when compared to the avg daily trading. ... Won't make more of a blip than a few day traders. ... >The Michael writes: ...
      (misc.invest.stocks)