Re: Forms authentication and downloading files

From: MSFT (lukezhan_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/17/03

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:18:37 GMT

Hi Michael,

If we didn't create a virtual folder, it also wouldn't cause the form
authentication. You can try to add the handler suggested in my previous
post, to see if it will hep. Addtionally, you may try to download a .dat
file (also add application extension for .data in IIS) to see if it will
generate same problem.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Get DefaultCredentials of one web app into another?
    ... This requires "anonymous access" is disabled on the virtual folder. ... Luke ... Microsoft Online Support ...
  • Re: Single Login Problem
    ... You're welcome Joe, ... Microsoft Online Support ... we need a central authentication ... |> Passport is such a central authority, if we use passport, we can ...
  • Re: Framework 1.1 Multiple Authentication?
    ... Microsoft Online Support ... | We can retreive the request' URL string and parse the authentication ... | |>Here are some reference on creating custom HttpModule: ...
  • Re: Edit task error Office 07
    ... Once I change the web application authentication type from Basic Authentication to Windows Integrated Authentication, ... \par Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... \par I don't see how IE can authenticate to a site and Outlook can't. ... \par> Microsoft Online Support Professional ...
  • Re: Copied Website windows authentication not working
    ... Steven Cheng ... Microsoft Online Support ... | Subject: Re: Copied Website windows authentication not working ... |> setting to see whether integrated windows authentication is correctly ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)