RE: Web.Config / Security Settings for sites NOT on sys partition

From: Jim Cheshire [MSFT] (jamesche_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/11/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:06:47 GMT

Hi Grant,

This is actually a Common Language Runtime security policy issue. The
Common Language Runtime is not allowing assemblies located on your remote
share the permissions necessary to run. The solution is to create a new
Code Group to allow them to run correctly.

* Open the .NET Framework Configuration tool from Administrative Tools.
* Expand the Runtime Security Policy node.
* Expand the Machine node.
* Expand the Code Groups node.
* Right-click on the All_Code node and choose New.
* In the Name box, enter a name of your choice for this new code group.
* Click Next.
* Select URL from the checkbox.
* In the URL box, enter the UNC share in the following format:
         file:///\\SERVER\SHARE\*
    In other words, if your UNC share is \\server\share, you would enter it
exactly as above. Make sure you add the "\*" at the end.
* Click Next.
* Select Full Trust from the dropdown.
* Click Next.
* Click Finish.

After you've done that, go to a command line and run IISRESET to restart
the worker process. You should now be able to run your app.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
jamesche@online.microsoft.com