Setting folder permissions on remote machine / remote domain

From: Tim Chandler (tim.chandler_at_iname.com)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: 7 Oct 2003 09:17:34 -0700

Hello there,

I have the following problem:
I have Machine A which runs my website. I have Machine B which holds
folders for users. Machine A and Machine B are in separate domains.

My goal:
>From the website on Machine A, I want to create folders on Machine B,
and set the permissions to a specific user who resides in the domain
Machine B is part of.

Progress:
So far I can create the folders without problems. When I go to set
the permissions, I am attempting to impersonate the Administrator
account on Machine B (from the website on Machine A). I have set
Machine A to let ASPUSER
"act as part of the operating system". I believe my inheritance code
works because if I inherit a user on Machine A, the inheritance works,
but then of course the command to set the folder permissions doesn't.

If I read correctly at Microsoft's website, one cannot use LogonUser
to logon to a remote machine (in this case, I tried it with Machine
B). Is there a way to impersonate the Administrator on Machine B
(which is in a separate domain)? Or is there a much easier way to set
the permissions on a remote folder for a remote user that I'm not
seeing?

Thanks for any advice folks can offer.

Tim Chandler
tim.chandler@iname.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Repair/reconstruction of FP Web site
    ... another idea would be to import the current website in total from the ... secondly go through all the folders and delete all empty folders. ... am starting with a proper FP Web at the new host. ... I will creat a new disk-based Web on my desktop. ...
  • Re: 30day trial version of Frontpage 2002 crashes
    ... Control' permissions for the folders where I am creating my website. ... crash happens when I either run a task or I click on a web-page to edit it. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Publish from remote to local doesnt work
    ... A friend wants me to update their site, I have tried to publish from remote ... The publish stops with that error message and I just have a ... I have no idea what that file is as I did not create this website but it is ... and if I open that in the remote area it is full of folders and webpages. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Problems Publishing -- everything goes
    ... When publishing a website, the Publish Web screen is open. ... Views / Folders / Navagation tree. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: size of web??
    ... Open your website in FrontPage, right-click on the top folder (the root - ... Go to the Google home page and type in this for a search value ... Note that the _vti_bin folders are ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)