sql server database access problem

From: Fredrik Normén NSQUARED (fredrik_at_nospam.com)
Date: 09/27/03

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:20:45 -0700

This would not work if the Database is not installed on
the same machine as the Web Server, beause the ASPNET is a
local account. A local account could only be used on its
own machine.

/Fredrik Normén NSQUARED2

on my production
>server.
>
>the asp.net web app works fine in test.
>
>on the production server, it won't connect to the
database!

>i'm pretty sure i have set up the ASPNET login correctly,
with permissions
>identical to my test system
>
>it only fails when trying to use a Trusted connection for
ASPNET - using an
>SQL connection.for use 'sa' works just fine.
>
>the only clue i have is a SQL security log entry
of "login failed for 'NT
>AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'"
>
>Thanks
>Ian
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • sql server database access problem
    ... A local account could only be used on its ... >i have a problem with database access ... >on the production server, ... >i'm pretty sure i have set up the ASPNET login correctly, ...
  • Using SQL trusted connections with ASP.NET
    ... I've created a local account on both the IIS Server and the SQL server. ... added the account in SQL EM, granted access to my application database. ... I've changed my web.config file to have a connection string of the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: brute force attack/enterprise manager
    ... It's most likely EM polling for the state of the server services. ... that matches your local account) and then in EM goto Tools>Options ... > database and closing enterprise manager). ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Find an associated user
    ... I am trying to copy a database that is on a Windows 2000 box to one ... Is there a way to export a list of server ... It definitely isn't a domain user and isn't a local account. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: Ho to connect to a backend access database online
    ... when there is the posibility of aspnet on the server where is the database, ... When it is about a normal internet you can just tell where the database is. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb)