Registry access permission doesn't obey impersonated user

From: Karim (karim3411_at_!!yahoo!!.com)
Date: 09/03/03

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:40:19 -0700

I have an asp.net application that impersonates a user. I did a test for
reading a registry key and noticed that the app can read the key even
though the user does not have access to that key. aspnet user does not have
not access either. After denying read access to the key for different
users, I found out that the INTERACTIVE user is the one that determines the
permissions.

How can I deny asp.net apps from reading the registry? Why isn't the app
following the impersonated user's registry permissions?

karim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ini File vs Registry
    ... I only use the registry to store user overrides to program settings so my application could easily rebuild itself on any other system where it's run. ... being able to quickly move the data with the app. ... Maybe MS fixed that in 2K/XP/Vista, but in Win9x, I got complaints that my app took 2 minutes to appear when all it was doing was reading a couple hundred registry strings. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Write REG_EXPAND_SZ to Registry (PATH)
    ... I have read many papers about reading and writing the registry, ... I wrote an app which reads the PATH Key from the registry, ... modifies the path and stores it to the path key in HKLM...... ... The reading works fine, but when I try to write the new values to the PATH ...
  • Re: Mobile Service & Auto Start
    ... The RegRestoreFile API is only supported by the object store-based registry. ... have never needed to write an app like this and I just figured ... So I have an exe that I start 5 min after I push a button. ...
  • Re: OT: Microsoft Surface
    ... Rin Stowleigh looked up from reading the entrails ... Color eReaders are backlit but the whole benefiot of eInk is that they are ... Now if only Microsoft weren't such retards that they hardcoded one text ... It's understandable that a third party app might not be fully compatible ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Ini File vs Registry
    ... How do you manage the settings? ... dollars in hacking the OS to introduce the concept of registry ... Hard to migrate app ... but increasingly desktop developers are fighting it out ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)