RE: Security problems when running code from different machine

From: Lewis Wang [MSFT] (v-lwang_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/25/03

    Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:45:05 GMT

    Hi John,

    The webmethod "directorysearcher.findall" may not be able to be accessed
    from a remote machine. Please open the webservice using IE from another
    machine, and click the "findall" method. Does the webservice give you any
    information like: "The test form is only available for requests from the
    local machine"? Please let me know if I misunderstood your concern, thanks.

    To resolve this problem, you may add the following lines in web.config:

    <system.web>
    . . .­
    <configuration>
    . . .
    <webServices>
    <protocols>
                <add name="HttpSoap"/>
                <add name="HttpPost"/>
                <add name="HttpGet"/>
                <add name="Documentation"/>
             </protocols>
    </webServices>

    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    The following is an article for your reference.
    Configuration Options for XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET
    l/cpconconfigurationoptionsforaspnetwebservices.asp

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Lewis

    --------------------
    | From: "John Boghossian" <john.boghossian@investorab.com>
    | Subject: Security problems when running code from different machine
    | Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:26:08 +0200
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security
    |
    | Hi there,
    |
    | On my develop machine i have a virtual root which requires integrated
    | security and doesn´t allow anonymous access and in my web.config i have
    | <identity impersonate="true" />.
    |
    | In here i have a small web app that requests a OU list from AD and
    presents
    | it in a grid.
    | When i run it from my develop machine by requesting
    | http://machine/vroot/page.aspx it works but when i run it from another
    | machines IE and open the page by enetering http://machine/vroot/page.aspx
    | the result is empty.
    |
    | There is NO runtime error going on because i have debugged the code and
    the
    | directorysearcher.findall just returns an empty result.
    |
    | Any ideas

    • Re: Newbie question - how to use Web Service function in Access
      ... I guess it would be much easier if the webservice in question supports HTTP ... VBA must have some functions to help with HTTP requests and responses. ... You'll have to make the SOAP Requests and process the SOAP Responses ... The web services developers have provided me 3 ...
    • Re: ThreadAbort Exceptions !! HELP !!
      ... Well we checked for queued requests last night and there were none during ... Looks like our SQL server box is ... trace seems to usually point at a webservice not an aspx page. ... System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean ...
    • Re: 500 error on VB WebService and Axis 1.1
      ... >>I am deploying a VB WebService in turn running a FoxPro DLL. ... transmitting about 30 requests. ... webservice server is dedicated to this one task so I ... Restarting just the IIS doesn't help either. ...
    • RE: Get "System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized" after running a
      ... When I hear symptoms such as this I think "memory leak" as a first thought. ... which part of your code is leaking (e.g. is the MySQL call leaking, ... After running for a while, generally a few days, the webservice stops ... that doesn't seem to be affected, but the number of requests to those are ...
    • Re: webexception 404
      ... has the IIS Lockdown tool been run on the server. ... In my case the UrlScan utility was preventing the request from being ... requests though, but when I figure it out I'll post it here. ... > client are passed from the webservice A to another Webservice, ...