aspnet_setreg fails

From: Kevin Brown (newsgroupid_at_versatilesolutions.com)
Date: 08/13/03

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:12:51 -0700

Getting a consistent failure on machines when attempting
to run the aspnet_setreg utility. The command line has
worked on one or two machines. Here is the command line
being used:
aspnet_setreg.exe -
k:SOFTWARE\CORPORATEAPPS\AppName\identity -
u:"domain\account" -p:"password"

The error is: ERROR: Argument 1 Invalid:

I've tried creating the key manually ahead of time and
checking rights. Cannot find anything wrong. Windows
2000, SP4, Framework 1.1 (only).

Anybody else get this or know what the issue might be?

Relevant Pages

  • Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms
    ... Both machines are using the Windows XP theme, ... The appearance on controls such as text boxes and command buttons is as I ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms
    ... Both machines are using the Windows XP theme, ... The appearance on controls such as text boxes and command buttons is as I ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
    ... Tim was able to duplicate this bug on his own machines testing between 5.1 ... As far as whether this was an intentional change on HP's part or a bug, ... Some of our scripts are now failing with the "mv" command with an error I ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: send command
    ... xhost table in order to use the tcl "send" command. ... your display to any app you have rights to start. ... machines you need to run X apps on. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Trouble adding user or group
    ... I was expecting to see a "System error 5" on the net view computername commands... ... Reboot both machines and do not do *anything* else before you run the command, do not try to connect to the other computer, do not even try to browse "My Network Places", run the commands before you attempt to make a connection to the other computer... ...