Re: Security tab doesn't appear in folder property dialogbox

From: Jos (josnospambranders_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: 08/10/03

    Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:28:05 +0200

    Ephrem wrote:
    > Security tab page in the folder property dialogbox (found
    > when right-click on a folder and click 'Property' from
    > the context menu) doesn't apperar in my computer, I used
    > Windows XP Professional, in which I want grant READ/WRITE
    > access persmission for the ASPNET account of the ASP.NET
    > This because while I am developing an ASP.NET web
    > application the following error appear when I tried to
    > update the database 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException:
    > Operation must use an updateable query', which is access
    > security problem.
    > Please respond this is crucial, I got stucked
    > Thanks

    The file system on your volume is FAT and not NTFS?
    FAT doesn't support security.
    To find out, right-click on the drive icon in Windows Explorer,
    and choose properties.

    However, in that case, I wonder why your query is not
    updateable. Maybe the file is read-only?

    You can change a FAT drive to NTFS with the CONVERT
    command without losing data (make a backup anyway,
    just in case).

    --
    Jos