Get the NT logon user?

From: les (les_at_asasdad.com)
Date: 08/08/03

Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:57:37 GMT

Having come from old ASP I usually have a table of authorised NT login
names which I put into a recordset. I then get the current users login
name using: Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
Then I check if the user's login name is in the recordset and redirect
as appropriate.

1) How would I go about doing this in asp.net?
2) Is it necessary to deny access to anonymous users in IIS6 before I
can get the LOGON_USER?
3) Do I have to use windows or forms authentication?

Thanks
Leslie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can LDAP API be used either from VB or VBScript ?
    ... I don't believe your ASP example will work. ... the users will open a web browser and login ... > The user is logging into a Windows box whose's domain is setup to do LDAP ... > There is no link between both authentication systems. ...
  • RE: Cant pass form to sub/function and...
    ... I'll work the login form some more and see if that doesn't change anything. ... I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience using Oracle, so I guess there is ... Set rstEstData = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset ... I create a new recordset object. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • ASP/NTLM and ASP.Net/Forms authentication incapatability
    ... We have a largish internal site written in ASP that we are trying to ... We also want to move from NTLM authentication to ... The symptom we see is that the after submitting the login page it ...
  • Re: Using with statement to Open aTable
    ... You can still use the Execute method, you just have to replace the reference ... > CurrentDb.Execute "insert into tblLogin ... > recordset and "with statement. ... >> CurrentDb.Execute "insert into tblLogin (userID, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Recordset not updatable
    ... Even though I login as owner of the database, I can't update my table with message 'Recordset is not updatable'. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)