Re: ASPNET User Problem in Shared Hosting Environment

From: Dave (DavidTabaka_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/07/03

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:52:02 -0700

Guys,

I think I have the same issue because I'm trying to setup
Integrated Security in my connection string for an
ASP.NET app.

So does this mean I can create an IUSER_<website> account
for each website I have running and give that IUSR
account access to it's respective SQL Database?

Right now the only way I got Integrated Security to work
and connect to the sample Northwind database was to add a
SQL Login as <mymachine>\ASPNET and giving the ASPNET
account access to Northwind DB.

In a real scenerio I think I should have a different
machine account for each website and it's supporting
databases only.

Can you confirm? Thanks,Dave

runs under own
>| username and password so customers can not access
other customer's
>website.
>| How do I do that with .NET? What is the best running
ASPNET in Shared
>| Hosting Environment? Right now ASP.NET user can
access all other
>customers
>| websites files and view them.
>
>In IIS 6 you can specify different users to run ASPNET
Worker Process.

>In IIS 5 you must enforce <identity impersonate="true"/>
from

http://www.altaircom.net
http://www.rider.cz

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET & Integrated Security setup?
    ... The issue is that if an rogue aspnet app is run, ... > I've read quite a few places where it recommends you use> integrated security in your connection string. ... > I tried this in test page to connect to the Northwind> database by setting my connection string to:> ...
  • Re: Help! Access is Denied
    ... Are you using integrated security when accessing the database, ... grant the ASPNET user access to the server and the database that you want. ... If using SQL server account, check that the username and password is ...
  • Re: How to set Readonly for a user?
    ... John. ... > to read everything in the database if that's acceptable. ... Can you do an sp_changeobjectowner on the stored procs ... >>I added an account and gave the account access to three ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • How to set Readonly for a user?
    ... to read everything in the database if that's acceptable. ... Can you do an sp_changeobjectowner on the stored procs ... >I'm new to this and would like some help understanding ... >I added an account and gave the account access to three ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)