Re: Forms Authentication w/SubFolders

From: Joel Finkel (finkel_at_sdi.com)
Date: 08/03/03

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 01:20:11 -0500

I have come into this newsgroup precisely to look for an answer to this. I
am quite amazed to see this very question! Furthermore, I see a posting
made a few days later that reports a similar issue: Sucessful authentication
returns to the login page.

My situation is that in root, aspx pages authenticate fine (the login.aspx
form is in the root, as well). But in sub-directories, while the login.aspx
form is correctly invoked, the redirect returns to the login.aspx page.
This happens regardless of the presense of a web.config file in the
subdirectory, or the contents of it. I have played around with variations
for about 3 hours. I have verified that the cookies is being created and
sent, but for some reason the application in the sub-directory is not hip to
the fact that this cookie exists, and returns to the login.aspx page.

Pretty big problem. Hope there is a simple fix.

Thanks for all suggestions.
-Joel