Re: Unable to get Forms-based Authentication to work

From: JD Bee (anonymous_at_devdex.com)
Date: 07/14/03

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:15:28 -0700

Hi Buddy!

I had the exact same problem as you did. here is how i solved it:

First, i want you to know i dont fully understand why it works, but it
does. :)

to redirect after login i was using:

Response.Redirect(
FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(this.Username.Text,false));

i replaced it with:
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(this.Username.Text,true);

and it now works fine. is it the state cookie param from false to true
or the change of the method, im not sure.

  • Re: Unable to get Forms-based Authentication to work
    ... I had the exact same problem as you did. ... to redirect after login i was using: ... is it the state cookie param from false to true ...
  • Re: "Moving" entire system partition to another disk?
    ... Particularly if you're both experiencing the exact same issue... ... I copied a disk to another using Ghost ... Before I got to "login" it said ...
  • Re: How to Logon to Anther XP Pro Machine.
    ... >> If you created the 'Joe' user account on the shared machine with an exact ... >> being asked for a login. ... >> on the Joe machine. ... >>> Neil ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Adding Browser Capabilities for new device in asp.net1.1
    ... found the exact ones that will focus on this. ... Adding Browser Capabilities for new device in asp.net1.1 ... Capabilities information for 3 new cellular phones. ... When I try to login it shows the same login page WITHOUT any error. ...
  • Re: NY-NJ Pipe show
    ... the next NY show will be in Sept. but the exact date isn't ... I went up with a buddy of mine and this ... being my second year at the show, I would have to say the weather made ... this one a lot more fun than last year's! ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)