Re: Encrypt String while restricting certain characters

From: ScriptNFool (ScriptNFool_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/10/03

    Date: 9 Jul 2003 18:55:35 -0700

    "Alek Davis" <alek_DOT_davis_AT_intel_DOT_com> wrote in message news:<OEVEJXMRDHA.2204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
    > I did not try it, but logically, you should be able to use
    > HttpUtility.UrlEncode and HttpUtility.UrlDecode to convert encrypted bytes
    > to/from query-string compatible form. Alternatively, you can convert
    > encrypted data into a base64-encoded string and append it as a last query
    > string parameter. In the last scenario, you would need to treat it
    > differently from a regular QueryString value by manually locating the
    > beginning of the string (you must make sure that the name of the value is
    > unique) and extracting the substring from beginning position till the end.
    >
    > Alek
    >
    > "ScriptNFool" <ScriptNFool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to encrypt a string but restrict certain characters in
    > > the output?
    > >
    > > For example, I'm trying to encrypt the value of a QueryString item in
    > > a web URL, and any '=' signs or '&' signs would cause problems with
    > > the rest of the QueryString.
    > >
    > > I'm pretty new to encryption, so I don't know if this is a relatively
    > > easy thing to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > -SF

    Thank you, I'll try it out.

    -SF

    • RE: 2007 User Level Security
      ... encrypted string. ... the way I use it is to encrypt user names and passwords and store the ... Dim prp As Property ... Dim dbs As Object, prp As Variant ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: Workable encryption in Tcl??
      ... The longest string would be about the length ... How to encrypt a string ... nothing about binary formats. ... ># Perform ECB mode encryption on a plaintext block of BINARY data. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • RE: Using Win32 CryptDecrypt to Decrypt RijndaelManaged
      ... I figured out how to use RijndaelManaged with AES in the C++ app. ... C++ crypto WILL successfully decrypt the .NET generated ... I am trying to write a Win32 app that can decrypt that string using the ... I can get both to encrypt and decrypt successfully in their own projects, ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: Decryptionfailed to bring original text back....
      ... cryptography, but now using them on web.config, any idea, I like to ... There isn't really much reason to encrypt a .NET string with ... what happen when you decrypt the encrypted ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: Decryptionfailed to bring original text back....
      ... them when it is not being used, decrypt them when connecting to database. ... arbitrary binary data) is that if you have a .NET string object, ... There isn't really much reason to encrypt a .NET string with ... I just started learning cryptography. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)