Re: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'

From: ecoder (lvd_at_vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: 07/08/03

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:18:35 +0200

Hey Nick....

Will you please specify, exactly how you do what you describ?

Creating what role where and how!

I would be very pleased if you would do that, because I have similar
problems..... :-(

Greetings

Luciano Gio Gambinni

"Nick Gilbert" <news@nickgilbert.com> wrote in message
> Create a new role in the database called something like WWWUser, then set
up
> the permissions on that role. Finally add the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
> to that role. Don't ever set the permissions against a particular user
> directly as it can cause problems when transferring databases between
> servers or make your life difficult if you change your security model.
For
> example, if you found you needed to host on Windows 2000, there is no
> NETWORK SERVICE user, so you need to use the MACHINENAME\ASPNET user
> instead. It would be quite simple to just swap the users over within that
> role rather than having to reset the permissions on every single table and
> stored procedure just because the user had changed.
>
> Nick...
>
> "buran" <buran@buran.com> wrote in message
> > Dear ASP.NET Users,
> >
> > I installed Windows 2003 Standard Edition, then Visual Studio .NET and
SQL
> > Server 2000 with SP3. When I build web project connecting to the
database
> in
> > VS.NET, the compliler gives me the following error:
> >
> > Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'
> >
> > Has anyone experienced similar problem or how can I solve it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Burak Kadirbeyoglu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error Message
    ... Does the identity under which the ASP.Net web application is run has required permissions on the db folder / file? ... Try giving Network Service user full permissions on the file just to check the reason. ... Access database using the OleDB data controls. ...
  • Re: List Users Permissions down to table.column action
    ... THIS STORED PROCEDURE GENERATES COMMANDS ... -- FIXED PROBLEMS WITH STATEMENT LEVEL PERMISSIONS GRANTING. ... -- CREATE TABLE TO HOLD LIST OF USERS IN CURRENT DATABASE ... -- GRANT USER ACCESS TO SERVER ROLES ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: User access on a company intranet
    ... Yes they need full permissions on the folder where the backend is. ... You wouldn't need to do this in your copy of the database. ... However you can toggle the shiftkey bypass from another mdb file. ... When you want to implement security, you create a new mdw file, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Active directory corruption
    ... During an installation of PHP I accidentally changed permissions for the ... Active Directory database is unavailable because it is damaged, ... Open a command prompt and run NTDSUTIL to verify the paths for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Active directory corruption
    ... default web site and copied the permissions to all the child ... as it may not be the database that is the problem. ... prompt, use the ESENTUTL to check the integrity of the database. ... To recover the database type the following at the command prompt: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)