Re: Authentication question

From: Dave Petersen (dapetersen.REMOVETHIS_at_carlson.com)
Date: 06/26/03

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:55:17 -0500

Thanks for the info, I will try it.
Dave

"Matjaz Ladava" <matjaz@_nospam_ladava.com> wrote in message
news:#RxVsP8ODHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> It can be done in both ways. Using forms authentication, users will have
> authenticate manualy first time and then you could create a persistent
> cookie, so that they don't need to re-authenticate. You can not mix Forms
> and Windows authentication in the same web application.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000)
> matjaz@ladava.com
> http://ladava.com
>
> "Dave Petersen" <dapetersen.REMOVETHIS@carlson.com> wrote in message
> > I have 2 requirements for my asp.net app (vb):
> > 1. Users authenticate automatically by default
> > 2. Users have the option to authenticate with a different account.
> >
> > I am currently doing requirement 1 with Windows authentication, and I
> think
> > I can do requirement 2 with forms authentication, but is it possible to
do
> > both in the same app?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Dave

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Beginners Questions
    ... We do use Windows form on the presentation layer which is on ... terminal server and call web services on the business logic side. ... of using "proxy" authentication on SQL Server. ... > I have written an app with a Windows Forms UI that is deployed to clients ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Authentication Sharing Across Apps
    ... For my part "B" question that I had (Login App was not returning ... authentication to calling app), I found the solution. ... Basically, in both the Login App and Calling App Web.Config, I did ... authenticated connection with SQL server. ...
  • Re: Login Security for Intranet/Internet application
    ... a standard intranet app. ... However, you may also want to support IWA authentication for internal users, ... if the application depends on Windows security ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: ADSI Problem
    ... built in mechanisms to support forms-based authentication are the way to go. ... In a .NET web app, you generally discover the identity of the authenticated ... Unfortunately, script and ASP 3.0 are not my things, so I'm not the expert ... Dim strUserName ...
  • Re: Requesting comments: SRP based IRC encryption
    ... Authentication and integrity, despite what you may have heard elsewhere, ... Alice Dave ... What has Dave done to deserve all this trust? ... in the SRP step and informs the channel "so this key here is Alice MAC ...
    (sci.crypt)