Authentication question

From: Dave Petersen (dapetersen.REMOVETHIS_at_carlson.com)
Date: 06/25/03

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:26:53 -0500

I have 2 requirements for my asp.net app (vb):
1. Users authenticate automatically by default
2. Users have the option to authenticate with a different account.

I am currently doing requirement 1 with Windows authentication, and I think
I can do requirement 2 with forms authentication, but is it possible to do
both in the same app?

Thanks!
Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Form authentication in page viewer web part?
    ... when that same user re-opens the app they will have to authenticate again. ... That is what SharePoint is doing, when the SharePoint page reloads, it ... then closing the browser and re-opening his app. ...
  • Re: Using ADAM for authenticating non-AD users
    ... ADAM users and LDAP secure for the AD users. ... but the vendor app may not be capable of that. ... If they can only do LDAP simple bind to authenticate users, ... ADFS can also solve this problem, but the vendor app would need to be able ...
  • Re: Question about HP-UX 11i trusted systems and software development
    ... We're running HP-UX 11i on an L-Class HP9000 server. ... that we need to recompile an app we're developing as we change between ... is trusted or untrusted and we don't have to recompile DB2, ... Where can we find info on developing apps that will authenticate users ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
  • Re: Macro Warnings and certificates
    ... Well there would be a definite advantage in allowing the user to authenticate ... > security off...either for your app or all apps. ... > came from you and that it isn't malicious....without a certificate. ... > You can turn macro security off through automation, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • user Authentication through webservice
    ... I have a webservice based app that a company has purchased to use ... The database will not have individual user accounts but will authenticate ... So, to sum up the client app polls a webservice to get some data, I need to ...