Re: authorization element in web.config

From: Matjaz Ladava (matjaz_at__nospam_ladava.com)
Date: 06/23/03

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:03:06 +0200

If this was a windows authentication, then you need to place computername in
front of username. Example:
If your computer name is HAL9000 and user who you with to deny access is
User4, then oyu should write HAL9000\User4 . If this is a domain, then use
DOMAINNAME\User4.

--
Regards
Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000)
"E-Coder" <Sharaf_mohamed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Peace upon you all
>     I tried to deny access through the authorization element in web.config
> but it didn't work, Itried to deny the unauthenticated users with ?
> parameters and it worked well but when I deny access to particular user it
> didn't work and it allowed him alse here's the code I tried
>
> <authorization>
>
> <deny users="?" />
>
> <deny users="someUsers" />
>
> </authorization>
>
> and I tried also
>
> <authorization>
>
> <deny users="someUsers" />
>
> <deny users="?" />
>
> </authorization>
>

> Thanx in advance for ur help
>
> Mohamed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: algorithm for incoming network logon
    ... One other thing is at the deny access depending on the settings it will prompt you for a user name & password, then if you give bad credentials or don't even try to provide credentials you are denied access. ... if (simple file sharing is OFF and username exists locally) then ...
  • Re: windows authentication
    ... With Windows authentication, Context.User ... contains a WindowsPrincipal object whose Identity member will have the Name ... To do the deny access thing, if you ACL the file at the file system level, ... In IIS directory security tab for my virtual ...