Re: FormsAuthentication Fails

From: Matjaz Ladava (matjaz_at__nospam_ladava.com)
Date: 06/21/03

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:07:51 +0200

Hmm, but you have to obey the rules for forms authentication. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT03.asp?frame=true
on how to propery use forms authentication using external database.

--
Regards
Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000)
"Caroline Bogart" <anonymous@devdex.com> wrote in message
> Note, I'm not authenticating email@email.com, as the method of
> authentication is completely outside the scope of the Redirect.
>
> I'm authentication a login and password against a database, I'm not used
> Forms credentials.
>
> Does it still matter?

  • Re: FormsAuthentication Fails
    ... but you have to obey the rules for forms authentication. ... Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000) ... "Caroline Bogart" wrote in message ...
  • Re: remove a temporarily shared ressource authentication
    ... MCSE MCDBA ... authenticated myself on this shared folder (with my own login and password) ... authentication from my friend's computer? ...
  • Group Policy
    ... Our school district is migrating from NT4 to Win2K. ... we had a policy that we built for NT and 95/98 ... clients to require authentication. ... but my 95/98 workstations still give me the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: InitializeSecurityContext on NT 4
    ... So what is the purpose of ... > in later operating systems? ... ISC_REQ_ALLOCATE_MEMORY should work on NT4, but I don't have an NT4 machine ... NTLM can't perform mutual authentication, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: How to Fallback NT Domain incase of fail
    ... In fact after the NT4 Upgrade ... authentication with Kerberos can't authenticate with the "old" BDC. ... you w2k3 dcs and nt4 dcs.... ...