Re: FormsAuthentication Fails

From: Matjaz Ladava (matjaz_at__nospam_ladava.com)
Date: 06/21/03

    Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:57:20 +0200

    Are you authenticating with username email@email.com ? You have to se the
    username which was used in authentication to RefirectFrom......

    --
    Regards
    Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000)
    "Caroline Bogart" <ctbogart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Given the following code, I get two undesireable results. I cannot
    > pinpoint why I get one or the other.
    >
    > Either the login.aspx is not called at all, or if it is called, the
    > FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromUrl simply falls through to the next
    > line of code and fails to execute.
    >
    >     <authentication mode="Forms" >
    > <forms
    > name="ASPXAUTH"
    > loginUrl="login.aspx"
    > path="/"
    > />
    > </authentication>
    > <authorization>
    > <deny users="?" />
    > </authorization>
    >
    > login.aspx.cs
    > Page_Load:
    >       FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage("email@email.com",true);
    >
    > restricted.aspx.cs
    > Page_Load
    >       Response.Write("Restricted");
    >

    > At one point I got the bug to move from failing to call login.aspx.cs
    > to calling restricted.aspx.cs by removing the dot on the cookie name
    > (".ASPXAUTH").
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated,
    > Caroline

    • Re: wich user is logged on?
      ... > domains, or be local accounts. ... they all use the same db for authenticating but everyone is tired of ... entering their username and pwd and since the comp asks for password go ... information of user privilegies somewhere... ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
    • Re: windows authentication
      ... Authenticating is not the problem. ... Is there a way I can embed username and password to the http request ... To avoid the windows popup, a user has to be on the domain. ... not logged directly into the web server). ...
    • Re: How do I bind to LDAP with a username/password
      ... authenticating against an LDAP server with a username and password. ... Authentication against LDAP normally works by attempting to bind with the ... case I want to connect with master credentials and then run queries ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Exchange 2003 POP3 authentication failure (bug?)
      ... users when authenticating with the DOMAIN\username format. ... even if duplicated usernames exist in multiple domains. ... format simply because Exch doesnt assume that the mailbox alias ... the username, it doesnt like it. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)