Creating a 'register' page

From: Dan (bookumm_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/16/03

    Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:30:33 -0700

    One way to handle this is to change your folder
    structure. Place all the pages that you would like to
    require authentication within a new folder. Then you can
    either add a new web.config file to that folder or adjust
    your existing web.config to require users to be
    authenticated when they acess the .aspx pages. Next place
    your register page, error pages and any other pages that
    do not require authenticated users at the root.

    that uses the forms
    >authentication model. It works ok, it even bounces to
    the login.aspx page
    >when a user tries to access default.aspx without being
    authenticated first.
    >How do I create a register page then? I placed a link on
    the login form
    >saying "Not registered yet?" and that links to a
    registration page, however
    >due to ASP.NET authentication it bounces back to
    login.aspx. How do I
    >disable authentication for this register page so
    anonymous users can access
    >it?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Valer
    >

    >.

    • Re: Multi Level Forms Authentication Help DESPERATELY NEEDED!
      ... Forms authentication supports this functionality. ... You can have a web.config in each folder that specifies who's allowed in. ... > to access certain files on the web site to an ASP .NET Forms ... > while still managing access to the aforementioned subdirectories. ...
    • Domain Name Forging On Authentication Prompt
      ... Domain Name Forging On Authentication Prompt ... To bypass IE domain restrictions the ip of the protected folder needs ... [End Code Sample] ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • RE: Need to restrict remote users to access only specific folder(s
      ... This sounds like an authentication problem -- or a firewall problem. ... go through the IIS logs to look for problems authenticating or on the service ... user via file access permissions when working internally. ... Suggestions for better folder level access via RWW? ...
    • Re: How to securely publish a Click Once application
      ... the folder hierarchy in tact. ... Forms authentication, deny all anonymous users and the mime setting to add ... non-asp.net apps to the forms authentication protection looks like the right ... for any updates - but because the update location doesn't allow ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: Authentication login screen appears on both frames of the framset
      ... This section sets the authentication policies of the application. ... This section sets the authorization policies of the application. ... Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every page ... folder / file to set ...