IE, XP, Intranet site adding domain name to Login User Name WHY?

From: george d lake (georgel_at_valleyyellowpages.com)
Date: 06/12/03

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:04:12 -0700

Hi,
    I have an intranet site running on IIS / ASP.NET
    When people login form NT40, Win2K they get the NT login screen
(UserName, Password, Domain) and it works perfect, but, all uses that have
XP get the domain name of the sites
(internalsite.internaldomain.com\username). This has everyone crazy here and
I have been told that "You need to fix the intranet site". I know (or at
least I think) is not IIS or the website settings. Its the XP does things.

    Is there a workaround? any docs out there that explain this? so I can go
and tell my boss we need to trust the intranet sites on the XP Users? or is
there a different solution?

    Thanks.
George