IE, XP, Intranet site adding domain name to Login User Name WHY?

From: george d lake (georgel_at_valleyyellowpages.com)
Date: 06/12/03

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:04:12 -0700

Hi,
    I have an intranet site running on IIS / ASP.NET
    When people login form NT40, Win2K they get the NT login screen
(UserName, Password, Domain) and it works perfect, but, all uses that have
XP get the domain name of the sites
(internalsite.internaldomain.com\username). This has everyone crazy here and
I have been told that "You need to fix the intranet site". I know (or at
least I think) is not IIS or the website settings. Its the XP does things.

    Is there a workaround? any docs out there that explain this? so I can go
and tell my boss we need to trust the intranet sites on the XP Users? or is
there a different solution?

    Thanks.
George

Relevant Pages

  • Logging In problem
    ... Until today everyone on our intranet site could log into ... on IIS without a username and without a password. ... add the other other members from active directory you are ...
  • Re: Mutliple Websites in same domain space.
    ... We want to add an OWA (Outlook Web Access) site ... >> I am a extreme novice to IIS, so pardon me if this is a stupid question. ... >> Our company has and intranet site that we use to keep track of clients, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Getting IIS on an Intranet
    ... > little intranet site I've made with .NET. ... If it's Windows 2000, then it's IIS 5. ... on a network and waits for requests for things from network clients. ... Is there a firewall running on the machine? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Mutliple Websites in same domain space.
    ... to your DNS records. ... > I am a extreme novice to IIS, so pardon me if this is a stupid question. ... > Our company has and intranet site that we use to keep track of clients, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Windows Authetification with network ressource
    ... > I have disabled anonymous access on an intranet site ... > because I want people to be authentificate to view this ... IIS does not ask for a ...