Re: Authenticating users in an n-Tier/layer architecture

From: Joseph Geretz (jgeretz@nospam.com)
Date: 03/21/03

From: "Joseph Geretz" <jgeretz@nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:44:17 -0500

Hi Chris,

OK, understood. If your app is not a COM app in the first place, then all
bets are off as far as COM+ is concerned.

- Joe Geretz -

"Chris Blanco" <cblancoNOSPAM@necam.com> wrote in message
> The main problem I have with COM+ is that the main service for my APP is
> legacy code and not designed to be COM compliant. Which is throwing a kink
> in the whole operation. The service is VERY LARGE and CANNOT be converted
> managed code within the time frame we have. Currently we communicate with
> the unmanaged code with XML over a TCP/IP transport service we created.
This
> is where the security problems kick in.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authenticating users in an n-Tier/layer architecture
    ... Thanks for all the advice. ... If your app is not a COM app in the first place, ... >> legacy code and not designed to be COM compliant. ... >> is where the security problems kick in. ...
  • Re: Runtime and MDAC problem
    ... Thanks Chris! ... I'm just trying to install a miserable 1.300 euros ... The Windows Runtime application "opens" requesting the app password, ... wait for MS reaction, call Gates on his mob ?? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • Re: BitBlt failing under XP with a locked screen saver
    ... HDESK threaddesktop = GetThreadDesktop); ... thread would change desktops just because a locked screen saver starts. ... It looks like the same problem with Chris. ... > One possible resolution is to catch and ignore this error in your app. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)
  • Re: WebResponse.Close() not disposing unmanaged resource?
    ... Hi Chris, ... > and it appears to be leaking memory. ... > wrote this code in a test app to try duplicating ... Checking the profiler, I ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Access 95 to 2003
    ... Chris, I can't follow your reply at all ... Firstly, the question was about a Visual Basic app, using an A95 db ... use in A2003, see the suggestions for setup, conversion, and usability in: ... so such a general question is a little unfair to ask. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.conversion)