Re: Remote Machine Name

From: Saravana (saravank@sct.co.in)
Date: 03/21/03

From: "Saravana" <saravank@sct.co.in>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:54:39 +0530

You can try this to get remote machine name, if you have ipaddress.

System.Net.Dns.GetHostByAddress("192.168.123.138").HostName

-Saravana
MCAD,SE,SD,DBA.

"Khan Imran" <naveenh@htmt.soft.net> wrote in message
> I am sorry but I didn't get the hint, I am working on a LAN .
> How do you suggest that I am overcome this problem.
>
> Please help me out here
>
> Khan Imran
>

> "Mirco Kaffsach" <mka@oevermann.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think thats the normal way how an application behaves. If you don't
have
> > dns-entry for this IP, the app resolves, you can't get the name
> > corresponding to that ip.
> >
> > But I don't know if you got this prob in lan or wan. So thats just a
hint.

> > CU Mirco
> >
> > "Khan Imran" <naveenh@htmt.soft.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hi..
> > > I am trying to develop a intranet site and was trying to get the
> machine
> > > name using the following code:
> > > String ClientName;
> > > ClientName = Request.UserHostName;
> > > Response.Write(ClientName);
> > >
> > > But the code is returning the IP address and not the machine name what
> > > wanted was something that would the machine Name...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Machine Name
    ... I am sorry but I didn't get the hint, I am working on a LAN. ... How do you suggest that I am overcome this problem. ... So thats just a hint. ...
  • PIX 501 VPN problem..
    ... Once the remote machine is authenticated on the VPN do 'ipconfig /all' and note that I have another IP address: 192.168.4.1 from the 'Alien' pool on the PIX. ... From the remote machine attempt to map a drive on the LAN: ... fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512 ... vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication pap ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Different machines and ASPX web application
    ... Why same version working fine on one machine has a permanent bug when I ... Win2000Pro on my second machine on LAN where it complains about settings, ... and Win2000 Advanced Server on the remote machine where it returns one bug. ... Web.Config file on my LAN machine because IE complains that some parameters ...
  • Re: OT : Discovering WAN IP address for Dynamic DNS updates and SkyBroadband
    ... OTTOMH I think the only way to do that would be to have your client machine log in to a remote machine which then records the IP ... You might be able to do it from a traceroute as well, but you'd still need to get that info out of your LAN so you can access it remotely ... Tyger Burning Bright ... Black with extra black bits ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Diana Update: was re: Diana is was Re: Diana Who?!!!? Re: Test
    ... Enjoyed looking at your jewelry but since I'm limited to pins and brooches.....hint hint hint) ... Reading here has helped me not miss it toooooo much but making jewelry is easier on the small work surface thats available at this point. ... Diana, waving to friends, both familiar and ones I haven't met yet.... ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)