Re: Authenticate user and allow anonymous access

From: Joseph Geretz (jgeretz@nospam.com)
Date: 03/07/03

From: "Joseph Geretz" <jgeretz@nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:07:26 -0500

Hi Stefan,

I use two directory mappings into the same site folder. One mapping allows
anonymous access, this is the URL that users hit when they first browse onto
the site. For login, I simply redirect the browser to the directory which
requires authentication. The first hit on any page via this directory pops
up the IE login dialog.

Check out the thread 'How can I log off a Basic Authenticated browser user?'
for more details.

Hope this helps,

- Joe Geretz -