Re: My Web.config file is being ignored - any ideas?

From: Scott Cadillac (scott@xml-extra.net)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Scott Cadillac" <scott@xml-extra.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:28:16 -0700

Thank you Yama,

The Server is actually out of my hands. The local Network Admin setup the
sight for me and I can only access a shared folder on a VPN network - I have
no other control of the site at this point.

So, I can only guess that is the root folder because my files do show up at
the root of the domain address. And no - the Web.config file was placed
there after the site was created.

Does this tell you anything?

Thanks for your time. Cheers........

--
Scott
"Yama" <yama@yamabiz.com> wrote in message
> Hi Scott,
>
> A few questions:
>
> 1. Do you have the web.config on the root of your server?
> 2. Did you create a Virtual Directory for your web with the web.config in
> it?
>
> Try putting the web.config on the root of your inetpub\wwwroot\
> You also want your \bin directory on the root.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Yama Kamyar
>

> "Scott Cadillac" <scott@xml-extra.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm deploying a new ASP.NET application to a customer's site. They have
> > given me VPN Access to a shared folder which is part of the IIS
> directories.
> >
> > My *.ASPX are in the right place, but when I request a file remotely via
> > MSIE. I'm getting the standard error page that says "you need to have
> > <customErrors mode="Off"> to see any details, blah, blah, blah," - which
> > have!
> >
> > No matter what settings I try in my Web.config file - they just seem to
be
> > ignored. Of course I can't get on the "local" machine remotely yet, to
try
> > requesting http://localhost.
> >
> > And of course, even though I have Application Trace turned on (with
> > localOnly="false") - I'm getting the same "hidden" error message from
> > "Trace.axd".
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Everything works fine on my development Server and I have successfully
> > deployed my ASP.NET solution on other Servers.
> >
> > I'm sure the "error" is permission related - but I can't even see the
> error.
> >
> > The Network Admin for the Server doesn't know anything more about .NET
> other
> > than he installed it for me.
> >
> > What kinds of things can I look for or suggest to the Network Admin?
> Could
> > it be another Web.config or Machine.config file overriding my settings?
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers....
> >
> > --
> > Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Invisible root replica
    ... acts as an application terminal server. ... all servers are configured to be root replica. ... When I'm in the management console I can only see the three ... in the shared folder via local access it is empty. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: My Web.config file is being ignored - any ideas?
    ... Hi Scott, ... Do you have the web.config on the root of your server? ... > What kinds of things can I look for or suggest to the Network Admin? ...
  • RFX NETWORKS ALERT
    ... below was posted to some security websites. ... | in security and scalable server management on varying levels. ... Got Root? ... Your Server login ID is: ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Solaris Sparc 9 12/3 Core ./installer failing due Java?
    ... system SUNWadmr System & Network Administration Root ... system SUNWapchd Apache Web Server Documentation ... system SUNWapchu Apache Web Server (usr) ... system SUNWaudd Audio Drivers ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • core install of Solaris 9 (sparc) package list can be trimmed ?
    ... This is a server that will have very specific reasons ... system SUNWadmr System & Network Administration Root ... system SUNWeu8os American English/UTF-8 L10N For OS Environment User Files ... system R SUNWfcip Sun FCIP IP/ARP over FibreChannel Device Driver ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)