My Web.config file is being ignored - any ideas?

From: Scott Cadillac (scott@xml-extra.net)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "Scott Cadillac" <scott@xml-extra.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:39:20 -0700

Hello,

I'm deploying a new ASP.NET application to a customer's site. They have
given me VPN Access to a shared folder which is part of the IIS directories.

My *.ASPX are in the right place, but when I request a file remotely via
MSIE. I'm getting the standard error page that says "you need to have
<customErrors mode="Off"> to see any details, blah, blah, blah," - which I
have!

No matter what settings I try in my Web.config file - they just seem to be
ignored. Of course I can't get on the "local" machine remotely yet, to try
requesting http://localhost.

And of course, even though I have Application Trace turned on (with
localOnly="false") - I'm getting the same "hidden" error message from
"Trace.axd".

Any ideas?

Everything works fine on my development Server and I have successfully
deployed my ASP.NET solution on other Servers.

I'm sure the "error" is permission related - but I can't even see the error.

The Network Admin for the Server doesn't know anything more about .NET other
than he installed it for me.

What kinds of things can I look for or suggest to the Network Admin? Could
it be another Web.config or Machine.config file overriding my settings?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers....

--
Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deploy Printers with GP in Win2k3 R2
    ... is that the policy is not reversed when the user is removed from the group. ... I have a print server. ... log in my first post that i am getting when deploying the print without ... You can manage printer connections through a logon script, ...
  • Network Tappers, IDS, etc.
    ... I plan on getting a pretty hefty server to use as the ... I was wondering if someone with experience deploying Snort in a medium ... I would like any information available on network taps. ... Test Your IDS ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: GPO Using Pushprinterconnection.exe Not Working
    ... My PMC says that the printer has been deployed. ... The GPMC says that the GP is there and linked to the correct place in the AD. ... When using the PMC only the server with the PMC needs to be R2. ... I've read some of the recent articles about deploying ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Server 2003 Group Policy error - KB830676
    ... to that described in the MS Knowledge Base article 830676. ... information could not be read from the domain controller, ... Server 2003 at a handful of sites and are looking to use ... resort to deploying Win2K Servers so as to provide an ...
  • There was a failure executing the receive pipeline
    ... I created the project on an SDK client and deployed it on the server from ... client and deploying to the biztalk server. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)