Use Roles with Forms auth ans SQL?

From: |{evin (You@dont.need)
Date: 02/16/03

From: "|{evin" <You@dont.need>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:03:09 GMT

        Greetings, I've been googling for about an hour now and I
think I may be more confused than when I started. What I'd like to be
able to do is (for simplicity's sake) the following:

Have a SQL table, say 3 fields.. username, password, role
Have 2 subdirectories.. say manage_tickets and user_maint

Is it possible (and if so, some links or code snippets would be
greatly appreciated) to be able to say that only people in the
'technician' or 'admin' roles have access to the 'manage_tickets'
folder and that only the 'admin' role has access to the 'user_maint'
folder?

I'd like to be able to manage user account from within the app, so
hard-coding user names into the web.config looks to be out. I want to
be able to create a record in SQL 'bob', 'mypassword', 'technician'
and poof! 'bob' has access to 'manage_tickets'.

Maybe I should go have some coffee....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changing user
    ... I (Bob) have been the only user on the computer. ... I doubt that it is as easy as simply renaming that folder from Bob to Steph, ... _cannot_ be renamed, without risky registry editing, even if the associated user account has been. ... So, your best course of action would be to log on using the built-in Administrator account, create a new user account, with the username desired. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Use Roles with Forms auth ans SQL?
    ... insert this into web.config in your admin folder: ... >folder and that only the 'admin' role has access to ... >I'd like to be able to manage user account from within ... SQL 'bob', 'mypassword', 'technician' ...
  • Re: Fraud Number Null:
    ... SQL Logical Table are multidimensional ... I used premise and axiom synonymously as a statement ... If Bob is credible and wrong, ... BB has no credibility ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: Problems after SBS_SP1
    ... I followed your steps below, uninstalled monitoring, uninstalled SQL ... I began install monitoring and sharepoint. ... and then locate and rename the following folder: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: T-SQL to write a BLOB to disk
    ... You can use TextCopy.exe in the \bin folder. ... exec master..xp_cmdshell @sql ... for select fname from tmp ... fetch next from cc into @fname ...